Patricia De Nicolai's new launch: Musc Intense


Today I'm wearing Musc Intense, the last launch by master perfumer  Patricia de Nicolai.
In recent months, I developed an interest in any "Musk" something fragrance. I'd never been particularly "musky", maybe I'm only ageing (and tastes change), or maybe I need some pampering, but I do feel like wearing musks everyday. Patricia, how did you read my mind?

Generally speaking, Musk fragrances may take a markedly spicy/animal/warm skin direction (Malle's Musc Ravageur, Muscs Kublai Khan and Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens, Musk Acampora, Oriental Lumpur by Les Nereides etc.), or prefer clean, delicate notes, Body-Shop-style  (Musks by  Reminiscence and Blancheide, Acca Kappa etc ), or go with floral, fruity notes (Kiehl's, Musk Villoresi, Fraicheur Muskissime and Rose Muskissime by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier, Mure et Musk by L'Artisan Parfumeur). Here, Musc Intense by PDN goes in the latter direction, with a sophisticated absolute of Turkish rose, carnation, violet, jasmine. The Musc part, then, is declined in a feminine way, all clean, timeless elegance, with a liqueur melting all the flowers in bright and serene harmony. It is not a "sturm und drang" scent, but a poem breathing gently on the skin.
The part Intense ... well, is intense, indeed! It radiates from the skin enveloping you in a sultry veil, which lasts for hours.
In short, although it is not my favorite type of musk, I liked its classy composition: do you want to try it for yourself?
The first three readers commenting why they want to try it, will receive a sample each!

Commenti

Anonimo ha detto…
I love all kinds of musks, and this one sounds intriguing.
Natalia ha detto…
I generally don't like musks -Narciso Rodriguez for her bores me to death, Mona di Orio's Musk has has some mechanical smell to it, etc. PdN's Musc Intense is very fruity and radiant, I am tempted to classify it under fruity-powdery, more than under musk category.
Marika Vecchiattini ha detto…
Hi Natalia, yes indeed, here the fruity facet comes out very strong, and intriguing. Not a difficult or too "muscky" musk, but a soft, joyful one!

Hi Joy, so do I! But unfortunately I already gave all the samples away... :-(

Post popolari in questo blog

Zara White, Green, Fruity, Oriental, Black Amber

Arancia La Spugnatura (Francois Demachy per Acqua di Parma, 2023)

Perris Montecarlo new release: Vetiver Java by Gian Luca Perris (2021)